Med students: are you learning how to do any of these things?
- Lead a group of physicians through a change management process
- Evaluate a health care system to see if it would be the right cultural fit for your career
- Negotiate with executives for appropriation of resources for a clinical program
- Leverage social media to create your personal brand
- Resonate with patients to create patient engagement and customer loyalty
- Manage populations of patients to achieve reliable clinical outcomes
- Work with other health care professionals in cross-functional teams
- Enjoy clinical work while maintaining work-life balance to avoid burnout
- Work with a financial planner to evaluate which specialties in medicine will enable you to pay off your loans before age 50
The Jefferson Physician Executive Leadership (PEL) program is a group of medical students who are dedicated to learning the real world aspects of medicine to thrive in the newly emerging health care environment. They are shaping the medical school culture at Jefferson and will shape the future of health care. PEL is a student-driven, student-led, and student-run organization that puts the needs of the students first. PEL is growing in its membership and in the resources it offers: lectures, workshops, blogs, and mentor support for innovative projects. How do you join? Just come with an open mind and a penchant for thinking differently. Who knows, you might just change the world.
Read more at www.physicianexecutiveleadership.com!
About The Author
Paul Rosen, MD is the faculty mentor for Physician Executive Leadership.